Miller Paraffin Bicycle Lamp

(inclusive of taxes)

All orders are insured for transit.

We ship worldwide.

Details

Size (WxDxH): 3.5 x 5.25 x 4.75 inches
Material: Metal and Glass
Period: Early 1900s
Origin: England

Description

The Miller No. 2 kerosene (or paraffin) bicycle lamp from England is a rare period piece from the early 1900s. Sitting in its rich and bold packaging, the collectible bears an interesting history dating back to the 19th century. H Miller and Co was founded in 1869, in Birmingham. Henry Miller was a German plumber, who emigrated to the UK, and initially made lamps for carriages before moving into the bicycle lamp business. The Bell Rock Lighthouse depicted on the top of the box is one of the seven wonders of the industrial world, and was an inspiration to the team at Miller’s who wove the image into their marketing and manufacturing process. Constructed on a rock 11 miles from the Angus coast in Scotland, which is flooded twice a day by 16 feet of water, the 35 metres tall lighthouse shone a brilliant beacon of light visible from 56 km inland. It was built between 1807 and 1810 by Robert Stevenson. The lighthouse is still active.
The size of the lamp is 3.5 x 5.25 x 4.75 inches. The dimensions of the outer box are 4 x 3.25 x 5.5 inches.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE